Choosing The Right Necklace Design
You are looking to buy a handmade beaded jewelry piece, in particular a handmade necklace, but how to choose the right one? Not sure of which style or length would look great on you? Then read on and follow these tips.
The most important factor in choosing the correct handmade necklace design for yourself starts with looking at your reflection in the mirror. Consider the following:
- Are you tall with a slender neck? Then choker or collar necklaces are for you, as well as princess necklaces (18” long) that sit at the base of your neck.
- If you have a short neck, then wear the longer necklaces are for you. Matinee, opera, a graduated necklace, or lariats or rope necklaces create long visual lines that help in extending the length of your neck.
- If you are of average height and weight, then all the options are open to you.
- If your neck tends to be on the chunky side, then we recommend staying away from the short length necklaces and wearing graduated necklaces, the longer opera or rope necklaces.
- Don’t forget the “cleavage issue”! Are you modest and tend to wear clothing that doesn’t show cleavage? Then necklaces that are short or very long, that tend to draw the eye away from your chest, are the ones you are looking for. Or are you daring and flirty? If showing some décolleté is your style, then having the knot of a lariat in the center of your breastbone or a pendant ending there will certainly bring additional glances.
Next you are ready to reflect on fashion and style factors. You know that handmade beaded jewelry is the perfect solution – so many gorgeous styles to choose from. But which one is best for you? That depends on your style and existing wardrobe.
When thinking about your style think about your body type
– is it petite?
Then we suggest wearing pieces that are dainty with smaller beads that, even when layered, will not overwhelm your size.
Voluptuous women may feel more comfortable wearing the chunkier, heavier beads that are so fashionable today.
Lifestyle is also of overwhelming importance. What do you spend your week doing? What are weekends like? No doubt your need for handmade beaded jewelry changes, from causal to dressy and everything in between as do your outfits.
When choosing a beaded necklace, keep in mind whether you the necklace will contrast with the outfit and stand-out, or if prefer a monotone look where everything blends beautifully together. Will the neckline allow the necklace to sit on your skin or will the handmade necklace sit on the fabric? Is the focal point the jewelry design or the outfit itself? With so many questions, do you need help with the answers? The great thing about shopping online is that, assuming you are home, you can place the outfit next to your computer and go exploring, all while wearing your jammies!
Choosing handmade beaded jewelry, in particular a handmade necklace, can be daunting task, but I’m here to help. Feel free to contact me directly to help you with making the right decision. I’ll help you find the right design from the online inventory, or I’ll custom design a stylish and stunning accessory just for you!
Talk to you later!